Back Up alternatives
Family iMac has 2 WD-MyBook drives
- one as external storage - family videos, movie files
- one as BackUp, including the external-storage
My laptop has iOmega which I back it up to weekly.
I've been burned in the past, it's only a matter of time. Floppies are obsolete. What to do?
My laptop isn't huge, only total of 6Gb in 2 partitions.
- USB interface (simpler than dealing with the extension module to hit the other ports) (hmmm, does my machine handle USB v2?)
- can attack/unattach without restarting
- supports copying standard files, not just closed archive format
- software to mirror partition, plus ability to just backup a given folder
- iPod, other mp3 disks
- Archos AV340 mp3/video, 40Gb, $560
- eDigital Odyssey
- http://maxtor.com/en/products/external/personal_storage_5000/personal_storage_5000le/index.htm $200 for 80MB
- http://www.smartdisk.com/ http://store.yahoo.com/smartdiskstore/usb20hardriv.html 80Gb/$200
- Universal Buslink 80Gb/$170
- http://www.pocketec.net/catalog.taf?f=products&cat=PHD 40Gb, $269
- http://www.micro-solutions.com backpack
- http://www.simpletech.com/ 60Gb/$400
- Tarsnap http://www.tarsnap.com/
Edited: | Tweet this!