a joke a friend told me: A farmer wins the lottery. They ask him what he's going to do with the money. "Just keep farming until it's gone, I reckon."
- we need to talk about that little myth about family farms being "good for democracy"; hahahahahahahaa that's a total fabrication; they're an escalator that slides straight down into Feudalism Hell and we've been riding for like 18 stories now
- I have yet to find a small family farm that meets these 4 basic success criteria:
- is profitable
- compensates all required labor appropriately
- is not mainly sustained by off farm income or by inherited wealth/land
- is not damaging landscapes/resources
Edited: | Tweet this!