- standardization/monoculture: expecting every school (in the country) to work in a similar way, to continuously improve on increasingly-frequent Standardized Tests.
- splitting up the Intertwingularity of the Real World into separate Subjects
- including Subjects that might make sense in theory but in practice are completely useless for 90% of the students
- fixing a daily schedule of short periods so there's no chance of Flow State
- filling the Curriculum of each subject with a near-infinite pile of meaningless trivia: factoids without meaning, process/structure without Context/feedback (real-world feedback, not grading)
- every class is essentially pass/fail, meaning everyone who doesn't fail gets moved on at the same time, and everyone who fails repeats all the same stuff again
- splitting/grouping up students randomly by age rather than interest or ability
Alternative: Generative Schooling