some time in the past when "things were better than today"
- contra Collapse
Usually some combo of
- total self-delusion, most things weren't better
- things were better for some people but much worse for others (e.g. pseudo-Libertarians who say "we" had more Freedom in the 19th century)
- some temporary/unsustainable Sweet Spot (post-WWII Middle Class? A 20th Century Economic Theory)
- "synergy phase" of a Technological Revolution
- time of a Huge Invention?
- jump in Life Expectancy
- jump in Quality of Life
- jump in freedom/agency?
- time of fertile art scene?
- intelligence increase?
Many associate it with the post-WorldWarII US economic boom. But interesting issues around gender roles and civil rights... https://twitter.com/perdricof/status/1416449058764427269