Sept'2014: Received free Retina replacement after repairs failed: 2014-06-11-MacBookProDying
- Android File Transfer causes lockup. For many, so trying this
- have to
sudo easy_install readlinein every VirtualEnv
Jun'2011: Migrate over "everything" from my old MacBook?
- oops, only FireWire cable I have is the 400 variety, the MBP has only 800.
Try a couple different EtherNet cables connecting the two machines directly, doesn't seem to work.
- last Back Up of the MacBook is from 24hrs ago, so trigger fresh Back Up
- seems to be taking forever
- ugh, notice Time Capsule is getting very full (naturally)
- leave MacBook running overnight.
- it finishes but leaves message "Time Capsule is full", last backup is from 2 days ago. That seems very weird and I'll have to investigate it later.
- hmm, do I want to take everything? I'd like to assume the app is smart enough to not break things, but I'm nervous, will research a little.
- it [sounds](http://web.me.com/pondini/AppleTips/Setup Asst.html) like it will be smart, so I'm going to ahead and let it suck in everything. (Also, turned off Time Machine on old MacBook so it doesn't start a fresh Back Up.)
- To pull in 75GB will take 20hrs! (starting at 8am)
- Yes, it really took that long.
- Sept'2014 version: Back Up is IOmega drive connected by USB. Only took 90min to Restore.
Jun10: up and running.
- even copied over my Private Key for SSH! (Not quite sure that's a good thing... should probably wipe it out on other machine).
- hmm, even copied the name of the machine, which means that 2 machines in the house will look the same to other computers. That's not very good, have to figure out if changeable: yep just SystemPreferences/Sharing.
Edited: | Tweet this!