eraseable marker board
- Nov'2011 update: gone http://techcrunch.com/tag/thinkature/
- other: Smart Board http://www2.smarttech.com/st/en-US/Products/SMART+Boards/
- Gary Stager is not a fan. IWBs and their clicker spawn are a terrible investment that breathes new life into medieval educational practices. Aside from producing an illusion of modernity, interactive whiteboards are a pre-Gutenberg technology; the priest chants while the monks slavishly take dictation on their tablets. They reinforce the dominance of the front of the room and teacher supremacy. At a time of enormous educational upheaval, technological change, and an increasing gulf between adults and children, it is a bad idea to purchase technology that facilitates the delivery of information and increases the physical distance between teacher and learner.
Nov'2011 idea: remote synchronous shared page
- kinda like Adobe Illustrator - single page (but of infinite size) - scroll at will
- place objects
- text block
- nested list
- table with nested lists in cells
- images from elsewhere
- arcs between objects - redraws when object gets moved
- text block
- views updated in realtime
- edit lock at the object level, so multiple people can be making simultaneous changes
- need some parallel Real Time communication, but could be any separate app - text, voice, video
- if really only need 1 person controlling per session, than just do this with Screen Sharing?
Edited: | Tweet this!