Should A Wiki Have A Version Control System
Should A Wiki Have A Version Control System to show the history of changes for a page?
- a Public Wiki using Soft Security like Wikipedia needs a Version Control System to Un Do malicious (SpamWars) (or just stupid) edits.
- even a TeamWiki might need one occasionally, though I haven't needed it
- I've only found it useful in my WikiLog when I had to undo Comment Spam, which led me to remove the Append feature, so now I never need it.
- Counter-argument: there is some social value for being able to look at when changes were made to public writing. Webs Of Thinkers And Thoughts; 2013-09-08-AssembleItYourselfComponentBasedJournalism
- My Private Wiki has never had it, and I've never missed it.
Edited: | Tweet this!