- see my wiki ebook Hack Your Life With A Private Wiki Notebook Getting Things Done And Other Systems: in the "Picking A Wiki For Your Private Notebook" section I recommended Tiddly Space, but that's gone, so recommending Roam and Chris Dent's TankWiki.
A person might have both a Private Wiki and a PersonalWiki/WikiLog (Multiple Thinking Spaces), and pages might float between them. Actually, if I start a page in my PrivateWiki, then decide to make it public, I generally
- cut/paste to public page (assuming want the same name)
- leave the private page for private notes associated with the idea - sometimes I leave the whole copy of the public page, and insert private notes above it, other times I leave only the private notes
- have TwinPages linking from private to public
some WikiEngines tuned for this
- I use PikiPiki - no security features, but that's ok since I just run it on my Lap Top. I used to use SimpleNote to Data Synch to my Android Tablet, but ran into bugs in that, so switched to Drop Box (synching to my Android phone not tablet).
- OWL (which has replaced SdiDesk)
- PimKi http://pimki.rubyforge.org/
- see WikiWikiWeb:PersonalWiki
- here's a Wiki Matrix search which concludes with Bolt Wire, Docu Wiki, and Pm Wiki, partially because I limited it to PHP-based engines which are cheapest/easiest to install on a Hosted Server. You can change that or the other criteria.
Or maybe consider a Desktop Wiki
Edited: | Tweet this!