Person working independently: contractor, freelancer, consultant, etc.
- Many people also apply this to Framing your BigCo job like a contractor: figure out who your client is, figure out how to make them successful, etc. See related Brand You.
- Some might say this doesn't apply to a One Man Show product company.
Does builder of a small company count, or do you have to be a One Man Show?
Jerry Weinberg once said:
- everyone's heard the old nugget "Never a borrower nor lender be"
- my father taught me the additional rule "Never a renter nor a landlord be"
- I've found things work best for me when I follow the rule "Never an employee nor employer be"
Maybe you need to Fire Almost Everyone