Games To Play
I'd normally call these Problems To Solve, but I'm trying to be more positive! :) Plus, an interview with Brian Arthur pointed out that thinking in terms of a Problem that needs a Solution is a mechanistic and static way of envisioning a Complex System. Also, while these are all different, There Is But One Infinite Game, but what is The Goal? Does these need to fit into a Worldview Roadmap?
- Educating Kids (was Educating Kids In Nyc) (this may be the best target for any public-benefit activities I want to get involved in)
- Making A Living: have enough money to let The Wife stop working, cover colleges (and maybe Private Schools), bigger apartment, etc.
- next step up: own a building, do philanthropy, etc.
- see list of Rich Techies.
local - Nyc Challenges
- nyc taxes
- Educating Kids In Nyc: maybe help local Charter Schools? or improve a TAG?
- tech jobs in NYC: Urban Development, lower Red Tape for Start Ups?
national - USA
global (incl. USA)
- life sucks for way too many people: work on Copenhagen Consensus picks?
- the future of Intellectual Property
- Society Design (multiple levels), Open Society, War On The Net
- lack of Values/Morals? The Craft, D And D
- Educating Kids, Educating Adults
- Urban Design
- Over-Specialization, Resilience
- Raising Kids (Two Income Family, no Extended Family, etc.)
- defining a Personal Philosophy, seeking a Meaning Of Life.
companies/groups (Network Economy)
- manage project task lists (Project Management Software)
- tracking issues, decisions, thinking (Collaboration Ware)
- hiring good people (and contractors), avoiding Company Fuckers (Reputation Management)
- making decisions, evaluating options, breaking down ideas into logical flow
Edited: | Tweet this!